The treatment of bruxism is two-pronged. It aims to:
- Remove its causes by changing the damaging behaviour
- Repair the damage caused.
To remove its causes, Dr Le and associates will use some therapies to help you learn how to relax your mouth. These therapies include:
- A custom-made occlusal splint [i.e. night-guard] for you to wear at night to protect the surfaces of your teeth
- Biofeedback [if you mainly clench/grind your teeth during daytimes] so you can learn to relax your muscles
- Muscle relaxants for night-time use
- Counselling, stress management or relaxation methods